Dr Tessa Bailey – Leading Researcher and Principal Consultant, Opus Centre for Psychosocial Risk
Kevin St Mart – Psychosocial Safety Solutions Expert, Opus Centre for Psychosocial Risk
Wednesday 23rd November
10:00 – 17:00 AEST
Limited to 40 places
As the world of work is rapidly transforming through automation, technological advancement and global competition, job demands are shifting from being physical in nature to more cognitively demanding. While established organisations have decades of experience in managing physical hazards, many are less prepared to confidently ensure a psychologically safe work environment. Never has this been clearer than during the COVID-19 pandemic, as work has shifted online and out of the office, bringing a new set of mental health challenges.
Workplaces need to understand and effectively address these emerging psychosocial risks and hazards. This masterclass will provide you with the evidence-based tools and knowledge to confidently take action to create a more mentally healthy and safe workplace.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to apply psychosocial risk prevention practices including:
• Implementing a psychosocial risk assessment and identify priority targets in an organisation
• Developing evidence based psychosocial risk interventions to prevent and manage psychosocial risks and work-related stress
• Exploring best practice strategies for evaluating interventions for psychosocial hazard management in your workplace
What does it include?
• A full day program
• Psychosocial risk management theory
• Best practice case studies
• Practical exercises to translate theory into practice
• Networking opportunities
• Tools and templates to use in your own organisation
• Morning Tea, Lunch & Afternoon Tea
Who should attend?
• Health, Safety and Wellbeing Managers
• Human Resource Managers
• Organisational Leaders
• Anyone responsible for psychological health in the workplace
• “This masterclass opened my eyes to what was required further beyond what we already had in place to manage psychosocial risks and the different types of psychosocial risks.” Cameron, HSSE Advisor, Harvey Water
• “I found the Psychosocial Risk Management Masterclass to be very informative and a real thought starter. Tessa and Kevin did a great job to facilitate the course with both having a great depth of knowledge to share with the group. Thank you for the tools shared over the course of the masterclass which will be very useful as I work with the wider Coles Express leadership team on our continued journey to ensure a psychologically healthy work environment.” Duane, Head of Safety & Wellbeing, Coles Express.
• “I would recommend all business leaders, WHS professionals, government inspectors enrol in this masterclass. Very informative, really made me think about possible scenarios, particularly in my current role. I liked the fact that it was practical and examples I could relate to were used. It was also full of exercises… everything I wanted covered in details was actually covered” Alexis Wray, Assistant Director Psychosocial, Worksafe ACT
Meet the Facilitators
Dr Tessa Bailey is a registered psychologist who completed her PhD focusing on Psychosocial Safety Climate (PSC) and psychosocial factors at work, for which she received the 2019 Ian Davey Award for the most outstanding PhD thesis at the University of South Australia. She has experience working in the areas of human resource management, injury preventions, and injury management. In her prior role as a Research Fellow at UniSA Dr Bailey assisted with coordinating the Australian Workplace Barometer project which collected data on working conditions, worker health, and productivity outcomes for over 7000 workers across Australia. Her focus on applied practice led to the creation of the Opus Centre for Psychosocial Risk Management to support industry with developing Workforce Health and Safety systems that provide a safe environment, protect worker health, and promote wellbeing.
Kevin St Mart, Psychosocial Safety Solutions Expert, Opus Centre for Psychosocial Risk
Kevin St Mart is a workplace mental health expert with over 22 years of experience in work health and safety and is a consultant for the Opus Centre for Psychosocial Risk. With qualifications in Business, Injury Management and Training & Assessment Kevin has a well-rounded understanding of best practice management of mental health in businesses of all sizes.
Kevin previously worked at Beyond Blue as a Workplace Engagement Manager providing training, presentations and advice to workplaces across Australia. He also led a mental health program team at the National Health and Safety Regulator Comcare, working with Public Service and large national organisations to deliver mental health training, presentations, projects and worked on cross jurisdictional mental health initiatives such as the development of the People at Work risk assessment tool and the Mentally Healthy Workplace Alliance.